Volunteering is a learning journey. You’re going to ‘Crash and Burn, Learn and Grow’. Want to learn and grow, and get some awards from us? Keep. A. Journal. Here.
Why should I keep a volunteering journal?
1) We use them to select our Volunteer under the Spotlight
2) They lead to awards at our annual USSU Ball
I don't know how to reflect on my skills!
Come to a 'Skill-up Session'. More details below.
"I like the idea of keeping a diary each time I volunteer"
Your student officers Megan and Abbie show you how to log hours and skills
In this two-hour workshop you will:
- Become more confident talking about your skills in applications and interviews
- Learn how to use the SU website to find volunteering roles
- Start using the SU website as a reflective journal
- Meet other student volunteers and find out about their experiences
Upcoming Skill-up Sessions
Wednesday 12th Feb 15:30-17:30
Wednesday 29th April 14:30-16:30
Wednesday 10th June 14:30-16:30
We also recommend the University's Careers and Skills for Learning workshops.